Below is a collection of some digital voice How-To’s. The list includes articles I have found on the internet as well as articles written by me (N5AMD). I do update this page as often as I can, so be sure to check back regularly!
- How to use your DMR radio on fusion networks and vis-versa with the sharkRF.
- A great example of using the SharkRF API and some Linux scripting.
- How to make and use your own SharkRF server.
- How to spot a genuine MMDVM Hotspot pi board to help fight against the Chinese knockoffs.
- Zumspot/Zumboard, by Ki6zum, were some of the first mass produced MMDVMs. They are as genuine as you can get.
- DMR Codeplugs. (Out of date. Pending update.)
- How to register for a DMR ID.
- How to use the hacked firmware on the MD-380.
- How to Force a Motorola XPR into Ham Radio frequencies.
- How to send Text Messages to other users through Brandmeister
- How to build a YSF Reflector – This is a link to an installer script to install ysf on a Debian linux server.
- How to register on the D-Star Network (Required for REF reflectors, not XRF/XLX reflectors)
- How to create your own D-Star Reflector using XLX.
- How to register a new D-Star repeater so it can be found.
- A great resource describing D-Star and its “Alphabet soup”