Reflector Status: Operational
San Antonio has a dedicated XLX Reflector for hams to use. The reflector currently has multimode trans-coding enabled, meaning it can be accessed via D-Star, DMR, and System Fusion where all 3 modes can talk together. The idea of the reflector is to be a single place for all local repeaters and remote users to connect and stay in contact with friends and family no matter the digital mode. Visitors and residents alike are very welcome on the system. Here are the multiple ways to connect remotely:
- DMR: Brandmeister Talk Group 310217
- Fusion: YSF “US SAT XLX410”
- D-Star: XRF410A
If you are in town(residing or visiting), the following repeaters are linked to this system as their default setting when not being used for other activity:
|Repeater Callsign||Frequency||Connected Digital mode||Visitor Coverage (Airport/Downtown/Attractions)|
|N5AMD||441.7625||DMR, D-Star||Good Airport coverage, Poor downtown coverage|
|K5VPW||441.625||YSF, D-Star||Great airport coverage, Poor downtown coverage|
|AA5RO||147.32||D-Star||Good Sea-World Coverage|
To find out more about XLX/XRF reflectors, click HERE. There is no need to register your callsign like you would to access REF reflectors. XRF reflectors work without checking a trust server, so no need to wait for any kind of registration to use these reflectors.
- DO NOT QUICK KEY. Wait about 2 seconds between transmissions when talking between modes.
- Quick keying can lead to your mode not being picked up by the other modes.
- Allow an even longer time during round table discussions when crossing modes.
- Announce what mode you are coming in on.
- For example: “This is N5AMD on DMR, monitoring”
- OR “AE5JO this is N5AMD on Fusion”
- Dont be afraid to say hello to unfamiliar voices/callsigns.
How to connect to the reflector on your D-Star Radio.
Because XRF is not available in DR mode radios, like REF, you will have to use the “UR” field to link manually. Trans-coding occurs on the A module of the reflector and will need to be connected through a hotspot or pi-star enabled repeater. Icom G3 does not support connecting to XLX reflectors.
- Kerchunk XRF410AL in the UR field while connected to a hotspot or repeater.
- Switch to “Use Reflector” in DR mode radio sand start talking.
How to connect to the reflector on your Yaesu Fusion Radio.
This reflector is using a “YSF Reflector” which means any hotspot or pi-star enabled device can connect to it. All you need to do is simply choose the following YSF Room: 56582 “US SAT XLX410”
How to connect to the reflector on your DMR Radio.
Brandmeister was kind enough to help tie their network into this one allowing for easy access from DMR. On any Brandmeister connected node/repeater simply use Talk Group: 310217
The reflector has a realtime web dashboard to see other nodes and users connected and to what module they are connected to.
Here is a high level diagram of how the different systems are connected: